For the Public
Pregnancy and Birth
Pregnancy is truly a miraculous time when a woman gets to feel the magnificence of creation within her own body. This natural process is an opportunity for the mother as well as the baby to grow and develop together in preparation for birth.
Psychologically, the mother needs assurance and support. Her confidence in her body's ability to function as it it designed to plays an important role in the outcome of birth. It is vital that she surrounds herself with people who respect and trust this natural process.
Physically, her body will undergo many changes. Each woman will be affected differently. Care for her body needs to be specific and personal to her individual needs. Optimizing her body's ability to function at peak performance is essential for both her and her developing baby.
Chiropractic care plays an important role in offering women the means to allow her body to work at its best and give them the support to trust the natural process of pregnancy and birth.
For a safer, easier pregnancy and birth a woman needs to:
• Become informed about her choices for birth.
• Trust her women’s intuition in making her choices.
• Find a birth care provider who supports the natural process.
• Depend on her body’s ability to function as it is designed to.
• Receive chiropractic care from a doctor who is enthusiastic and experienced in working with pregnant mothers.
The following pages offer women information which support her choice for a wonderful birth for her and her baby. Questions are always welcomed.
Articles | Resources